Check out these 7 quick and easy tips for expanding the life of your beautiful floral arrangements.
1. If you are using your own vase, make sure it is thoroughly washed and clean before filling it ¾ of the way with fresh, cool water. Bacteria in dirty vases can shorten the lifespan of your flowers.
2. With sharp snips, pruners or garden scissors, trim the ends of each stem about ½ an inch (1.27 centimeters) at a 45° angle to help blooms hydrate efficiently.
3. Ensure that only the stems are submerged in the water. Any hanging foliage or leaves that touch the water should be removed or trimmed.
4. Replace the water every other day with fresh, cool water. Ensure that the water always looks good enough to drink.
5. Feel free to water mist the tops of your arrangement every few days; Flowers love that!
6. In time, blooms will begin to expire; some sooner than later. This is natural! Once that happens, be sure to remove wilted blooms from the vase. This will keep the other blooms from pre-maturely expiring.
7. Display and enjoy your beautiful blooms away from direct sunlight and avoid extreme heat temperature locations like heater vents or appliances. Doing so will prolong their life span and keep them looking fresh longer.